Saturday, January 26, 2008

Yarr!

Aight. I didn't post Jacky's pictures. Cause I want to keep them all for myself nyahaha. (Or, my camera phone, while good for taking candid shots of pretty girls in shopping complexes and the like, couldn't zoom in enough to get a clear picture of the God Of Song.)

Nothing much has happened the whole week. Just went out and had lunch with my friends.

Something did happen on yesterday. The guys hadn't said anything about breakfast or lunch together so I slept soundly without having to worry about waking up to meet them. I'm in the middle of a dream ( I forgot what it was about) and suddenly my father opens my room's door. He scolds me for always putting my phone on silent and not answering the phone. He then tells me to bathe and follow him out. I'm still lying on the bed and wondering what happened. I thought that something bad had happened. I check my hand phone and it's only 11.30 am. (I know it's late but I slept late too, besides, it's not the latest that I've slept till.)

I quickly bathe and dress myself. I get on the car. Based on what my father is talking about on the phone, we were going to the house of my father's friend. My father picked up another friend first and we set off. Once we reached, I realized that we were there to help him move his furniture. From the living room, to the kitchen.

He had 2 sets of furniture. 1 was a kitchen table, with 3 parts. The lower drawer parts comprised of 2. The flat top was the last part. The lower drawer parts were easy to move. The flat top was kind of hard as all the furniture were made of wood. Dense, heavy wood.

But the first set of furniture, could not prepare for the pain of the second. The second set was a simple dinner table. The stands and the flat top. The problem ? This flat top was 9 (NINE) feet long. The owner of the house was a person of average build. My father's fit (And also more handsome than me, based on what my friends say >_<). The friend we picked up was taller and stronger. (This is because he works in an antique furniture shop and he has to move the furniture around with his workers.) Me, I'm not _that_ fit, but I have some strength in my arms.

The four of us combined could not move the flat top for a distance of a feet. it was _that_ heavy. We heaved and lifted, and still we could not endure for long. Finally we decided to just put the cardboard wrapping on the floor and push the table top on it. Even then, it was hard work. After finally setting the table up, we went for lunch (breakfast in my case.) We had Bak Kut Teh. Good Bak Kut Teh. But everything is good once you've had a workout.

At night, Brian, Marcus and me went to the night market in Pandan Indah. We ordered some tid bits to take away and had dinner at a Pan Mee stall. Not bad actually. Then we walked around and looked at girls =P. And we (read = I) saw a particularly attractive girl. She was awesome O_O. Right then, time to go. See ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home