Sunday, March 08, 2009

Bar Bee Queue

My parents went to Guilin, China for a few days and only came back yesterday. So I had a BBQ on Friday. We didn't really plan it much. After class at 1pm , I went to pick up my badminton racket at Masjid Jamek. Because Yuen Cheng doesn't have classes on Friday, or I'd just pick it up from her. The seller is in Help, y'see. Then I take-awayed fried rice from a place near where I used to go to tuition. My sister had to go to Subash at 3 pm. So I rushed back. Turns out she decided to ponteng. That's a good decision XD

Kit was with me, while the others were eating lunch. Then Marcus dropped all of them off at my house, including Phoebe, saying he had to go back early. And Phoebe had to get back home by 5pm. But we still hadn't bought the meat for the night. So we all got out our Harley-Davidsons and cut lines and got to Jusco. The previous sentence is false. We got into the Waja and went to Jusco. Lamb chops, Beef, Chikon wings, sausages, honey , planta. Yeah. That's what we got. Then I sent all of them home. Kit took the stuff though so he could marinate them. Time was set at 9pm. This is Malaysia though, so I didn't expect anyone to arrive on time. It just doesn't work.

At around 9, I called Tat up to go accompany me and buy some drinks. We ended up wearing the same shirt from Giordano. Same colour too. *blush*. Got a few bottles some paper cups and plates. The dudes said that the cups were flimsy. I point at Tat now because he chose the cups. Evidently, my paper plates pwned his paper cups. Alas, we realized that we didn't have any charcoal. I mean yes, Kit was there, but still... So we went to the convienience store and got 2 bags of it, plus a can Of Bear Beer. Rawr. I also bought 9 bags of ice for the ice box, because as it turned out, Marcus brought 3 bottles of beer. This was gonna be a fun night.

Marcus brought a grill, and so did Tat, but we ended using Marcus' only. It sufficed. Besides, this time, we were preparing food for ourselves, not for others, we could take it at our own pace. It all started with the usual blowing of fire. I have no idea why Kit does it with that kind of sound. Seriously, next time you see him, ask him to blow for you. XD You'll understand. Once we had the fire started, we started with the chicken wings. The wings we bought from Jusco were big. A considerable difference between this and the ones we usually had at other bbqs. Had about 15 I think, averaged at about Rm 1.20 for each. Good value =). Then we proceeded with the sausages and beef. The footlongs and muttons were last. I didn't eat the mutton. Couldn't take it heh.

Afterwards, we all cleaned up before drinking the beer. I even had time to take a bath. Bear beer is really bitter O_o. And we only managed to finish 2 bottles of the Tiger Beer Marcus brought. Henry brought along his portable hard drive and leeched off me. I'm going to take some from him when I have the chance heh.

And that's it I guess. This long post due to the guilt I felt at not posting for a while. Yet, who wants to read all of this ? O_o.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home