Saturday, December 29, 2007

Post Promtay

*Breathes sigh of relief*


Wow. I didn't choke to death on the stage. I didn't get booed at (I think). Most importantly...I STAYED IN A ROOM WITH 10 (hawt) GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG WTF?!?!?! EH !?!?!?!? EHHHH??!?!?!!?




Right then...Uh..How do I go on first.....

Okay..I've got it now.

They told me rehearsal would start at 2. At the Barra Restaurant at KL Tower..So I went at 1. I'm stupid like that ^^ Anyways..I just left my stuff (Bag with shoes and stuff, thingey to keep coat in, and a folder with my script) at the restaurant and wandered around. I had some food somewhere else. I checked my watch, but it wasn't even near 2, so I went for a nature walk. I didn't get really far though, Cause I didn't want to get all sweaty before I needed to heh.. I did help some guy take his picture.

And when I got back to the Restaurant, I saw Amanda (one of the committee members of the promtay) there already..I didn't talk to her though, cause I wasn't completely sure who she was (Got confirmation later). And again..I just sat there...I'm shy okay ?

Eventually, the other members arrived. When Cassie and Ee Leng (The other 2 Emcees) arrived, we got down to rehearsing. Ee Leng kept on reminding me to remember my lines so much that I forgot em =P We did a few rehearsals without the Mic first..then we went on stage to do a few with the Mic on. After the Emcees rehearsals, I stepped aside whilst the committee members practiced their dance routine. They looked great. Then after they finished, we all went to the Pacific Regency to rest a bit.

** Explanation **

The male committee members booked a room at a hotel too. I didn't go with them because they were going to change the latest when compared to the others. Besides, I had to go practice the script with the other 2 emcees , who were girls, so yes, I went with the girls to their hotel room. A big one. The bathroom was huge.

**End Explanation **

Right...I practiced a bit more with Ee Leng and Cassie. Then I took a bath. In case you were wondering, I did not peek at anybody. They had high heels and what not to threaten me..What did I have ? Eh ?? Somebody said I looked like a schoolboy. To that somebody , "Sucky necklace!!" Rightey-o. Ee Leng couldn't wait, so she and I took the free shuttle back to the Restaurant and practiced a bit more. Then my uncle showed up. He was free so he came along and did his photographer thing. And he's good I tell you. Wayyyy good. Anyways..after practicing a few times more, the time finally came. Cassie came and we just went over our lines again a few more times with Ee Leng constantly reminding us to remember our parts and to back each other up.


The guests were starting to arrive already. The SBS gang were already there. The others asked me if I would please invite all guests to gather at the lobby/dance floor...over the mic. That I did, albeit in a sucky way, cause nobody really did what I asked heh... First hurdle down, we again went over our lines. The committee members had set up some doodle boards near the stairs to the terrace. And again, they asked me to invite the guests to write some stuff there. "Guys, there's some doodle boards over there, why don't you write some thing here ? Don't just sit there" is kinda what I said to them. Miraculously, some moved..I thanks the gawds above XD


A while later, the guests were really pouring in. We had to check all the people who were bringing bags in. Y'know, just in case one of them wanted to play Hitman...All the bags were stuffed under a table behind the registration corner.


Before we were to give the welcoming speech, the other 2 emcees started the icebreaking activities. We were gonna do something ice-breakish, but in the end, we settled for something that involved cash. And we all know how cash can attract attention. One of the first few challenges was for a girl to bring a guy's coat to win RM20. So...we stripped Amirul of his coat and handed it to Poh Yee. She won =P The challenge immediately after that was to bring a pair of earrings from a girl for RM10. I asked Poh Yee for her earrings..and got me an extra RM10 XD. Hurrah.


After the ice breaking activities, we had to give the welcoming speech. I think we nailed it. We introduced ourselves, "Bling Ling", "Sugar daddy Kent" and "Foxy". I was the one who talked about the rules. Yes, you heard me. Thanks to me, no fights were started over girls XD. Then, we invited the guests to eat.



Okay..this post..I typed up a few days after the Promtay, in Thailand..and it's just the start of the promtay..I haven't even gotten to the performances yet O_o..Ima type type those up at a later time..like..when my feet are back to normal =)

Enjoy O_o

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home