Friday, September 28, 2007

A few phrases

Over these few posts, please allow me to give a definition of a few phrases which I have held close to me since I was young.

The first one is "Think before you speak". This phrase actually doesn't need to be explained. Common sense will tell you that, before taking any action, we should think things through. Many times have I told myself to remember this phrase and act on it. Bystanders will always tell you this, after, you have done something wrong. However, hindsight is always 20/20. It is hard to control one's actions during the spur of the moment. At most, you can think about a situation many times over inside your head and fool yourself into thinking that you can carry out your plan perfectly. In truth, you'll just freeze up when the time comes, or more commonly, you'll do something completely different than what you had in mind, or very rarely, your eyebrows will dance up and down (like mine do). Of course, other people can coldly analyse the situation and give you solutions. Indeed, a calm mind always solves problems. But emotions can not be duplicated, no matter how similar they are, emotions can not, I repeat, can Not, be duplicated. Different people have different reactions to a situation. Therefore, I feel that to me, the thinking is useless. Because the situations I prepare will never happen. Besides, all the thinking bloody made me lose sleep you know ? I had to mentally block the image out of my head to fall asleep.

That's it for today, next post will be a different phrase. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home